NJLM Conference Health & Safety Plan
In accordance with the CDC, NJ Department of Health, and the Atlantic City Convention Center GBAC STAR certification protocols, the League is developing a plan to keep all Conference participants healthy, safe, and comfortable. Each attendee plays a critical role in the success of this plan and we depend upon everyone to create a safe environment.
Updated September 29, 2021: The League has announced mask requirements and vaccination or negative COVID test protocols for the in-person event. Download the full announcement for more information (PDF).
Verification & Testing Entry FAQs
Please reference the FAQ section for more information on vaccine and testing requirements. FAQs will be added as additional information becomes available.
The plan is subject to change depending on current recommendations and requirements in November. The following are highlights of the plan:
Proof of full vaccination OR negative COVID test (test within 72 hours of entrance) required for all Conference participants during Conference hours. Please reference the FAQ section for more information on vaccine and testing requirements.
Masks are required for all participants upon entry to the Atlantic City Convention Center & Sheraton for League-sponsored events at all times, except as necessary to consume food or beverage. This is a building policy for all participants - regardless of vaccination status.
Social distancing precautions will be applied throughout the Conference.
Stations will be placed throughout the conference center to promote hygiene and stop the spread of germs. Proper handwashing, sneezing into your arm or a tissue, and other hygiene measures will be encouraged to all participants.
All participants will be encouraged to maintain distance and forgo handshakes and other forms of close physical contact.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols at the Atlantic City Convention Center
The Atlantic City Convention Center has achieved the GBAC (Global Biorisk Advisory Council) Star accreditation. This accreditation is awarded to facilities for stellar cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease outbreak prevention protocols to help promote safe events.
The Convention Center is the first convention center and arena in New Jersey to receive GBAC Star Facility Accreditation. To read more about this recent accreditation, visit the Meet AC webpage's recent press release, The Convention Center has also published a detailed guide to reopening: Atlantic City Convention Center Guide to Reopening (PDF)
Meet AC has compiled a list of cleaning procedures for hotel properties,
Attendee & NJLM Responsibilities
- Remain Home: In an effort to keep all conference participants safe, all attendees will agree to remain home if they are unwell or have recently tested positive for COVID.
- Comply with requirements: Attendees will agree to abide by the protocols set forth in the Health & Safety plan for the benefit of themselves and all participants.
- Additional Staff Onsite: Increase of staff onsite to facilitate new procedures and answer questions.
- Increased Communication & Signage: Detailed attendee email newsletters, as well as clear and concise onsite signage, will provide information and answers on new conference protocols.
- Event Design: NJLM is reimagining all aspects of the conference to provide a safe, healthy, and engaging experience for all participants.