NJLM Conference Health & Safety Plan
In accordance with the CDC, NJ Department of Health, and the Atlantic City Convention Center GBAC STAR certification protocols, the League is creating a plan to keep all conference participants healthy, safe, and comfortable. Each attendee plays a critical role in the success of this plan and we depend upon everyone to create a safe environment. e following are the highlights of the plan, the details will be posted online at www.njlm.org/conference and sent to each attendee.
The plan is subject to change depending on current recommendations and requirements in November.
The League will determine a policy for masks based on current CDC guidelines and NJDOH recommendations closer to the Conference.
All participants will be encouraged to maintain distance and forgo handshakes and other forms of close physical contact.
Proper hand washing, sneezing into your arm or a tissue, and other hygiene measurers will be encouraged to all participants.
Stations will be placed throughout the conference center to promote hygiene and stop the spread of germs.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols at the Atlantic City Convention Center
The Atlantic City Convention Center has achieved the GBAC (Global Biorisk Advisory Council) Star accreditation. This accreditation is awarded to facilities for stellar cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease outbreak prevention protocols to help promote safe events.
The Convention Center is the first convention center and arena in New Jersey to receive GBAC Star Facility Accreditation. To read more about this recent accreditation, visit the Meet AC webpage's recent press release, The Convention Center has also published a detailed guide to reopening: Atlantic City Convention Center Guide to Reopening (PDF)
Meet AC has compiled a list of cleaning procedures for hotel properties,
Attendee & NJLM Responsibilities
- Remain Home: In an effort to keep all conference participants safe, all attendees will agree to remain home if they are unwell or have recently tested positive for COVID.
- Comply with requirements: Attendees will agree to abide by the protocols set forth in the Health & Safety plan for the benefit of themselves and all participants.
- Additional Staff Onsite: Increase of staff onsite to facilitate new procedures and answer questions.
- Increased Communication & Signage: Detailed attendee email newsletters as well as clear and concise onsite signage will provide information and answers on new conference protocols.
- Event Design: NJLM is reimagining all aspects of the conference to provide a safe, healthy, and engaging experience for all participants.